Friday, July 17, 2009

I miss my Innocence


I smiled at the full moon who greets me withwarm smile...
as he has been in many summers...
I smile back at him as always as in the past...
The past… that’s when I remembered…
Something I lost …and to regain…something I miss…
.
.
.
The garden below is in full glow….My eyes move
past Walkers... Chatters…Loners and Lovers…
Past the watching eyes of moms and dads…
Further deep….. Into the playing kids….
With whom once I too played… and so did she…
.
.
.
The full moon stood bright guarding and watching us play..
I was she and she was me…walking around hand in hand…
I cried in her tears…Her wounds had my pain…
I could kiss, I could hug, and when tired she was my bed…
The moon and all around smiled at our innocence…
.
.
.
From short hide and seek hours the hide has now been
for years… My eyes seek her through the vastness
of the garden today…The Moon leads my eyes to two buds
worn out and walking back hand in hand…and in the
watching eyes of a mother I see her… smiling at the two innocents.
.
.
.
I take a few steps down into the garden…wanting to go near...
wanting to hug and wanting to walk with her hand in hand...
As I get near her puzzled eyes I read a Stranger…I look
at the moon who isn’t smiling but shying away behind the clouds.
I realize…. I have lost her. and to regain… I miss my innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment